Monday, March 22, 2010

Houses, camps, netball and beaches

I am starting to wonder whether I should simply aim for a once-a-month catch-up on this blog, as it seems I am not getting on here much more than that at the moment! But I live in hope that 'once things get a bit less busy' (ha ha) I will get back to blogging on a more regular basis.

Main news to report, of course, is that we have FINALLY BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! It's only small, but we have big plans for it - it's in the lovely neighbourhood of North Turramurra, home to some nice small shops, cafes and restaurants, a golf course, parks and Bobbin Head (an area of Kuring-gai National Park great for picnics, walks, bbqs, boating etc). I don't have a piccie of the house I can put on here yet, as we bought it without an estate agent (hence no brochures etc)... now we are on full-throttle packing and arranging things ready to move on April 15th. I'll put a photo up once we've moved in...

Katy has been away for a few days on camp at Galston Gorge - where she had fun doing things like BMXing, abseiling, orienteering, swimming and camping. She also played her first netball match for the Wahroonga Under 11s on Saturday and was thrilled when they won - the weather was beautifully hot and sunny so they did very well to keep running around. Here is the team prior to the game (Katy's the one with the GS bib on, in case you can't recognise her from behind!...)

and here she is with Jess afterwards...

I know I am always mentioning the weather (typical British!) but it's difficult not to when it's so glorious... yesterday it was actually 37 degrees when we went down to watch Ally play football during the afternoon - it turned out they were actually at a pitch right next to the sea, so the kids all couldn't resist going in for an impromptu dip...
Some of them didn't even bother changing first!!!

Well, we've been doing loads more but that's a snapshot for now... plus Desperate Housewives is about to start on the TV so I really can't type any longer!!!

Toodle-ooo for now...

x x x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to catch up, Jenny, and SO keen to see your new home after hearing so much about it: sounds absolutely perfect for you to move into and do up etc. So much for you to do in the meantime though am sure it will be a chaotic few weeks. Good luck!

    Love from us all, Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read all about the new home district on your Link ....... can't wait to visit you there. Have happy memories of our day at Bobbin Head. Looks as if you'll be VERY happy there - and will love exercising your undoubted talents for house renovation.
    SO pleased for you all. Much love Mummy xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the sound of your new house. 37 degrees and playing football! Is that type of heat possible! Then again we do live in scotland heh heh all the bast Ian jnr xxx

    ReplyDelete